Presidential Search Feedback Opportunity for Alumni & Donors
Office of Alumni Relations
September 29, 2017
Alumni, donors and the entire university community are invited to share feedback regarding the leadership traits important in UNC's next president. Your feedback will be shared with the search committee and Board of Trustees.
Presidential Leadership Characteristics Survey
The anonymous survey will remain open through October 8. Complete the survey online.
Presidential Search Phonecast Event
Join our telephone town hall. UNC will call donors and volunteers October 11 at 6 p.m. MT to discuss the search, gain feedback and answer questions. If you do not receive a direct call from UNC, you may join the call by dialing toll free - 1-877-247-1101.
Initial List of Leadership Characteristics
At the board’s retreat Sept. 15, trustees discussed an initial list of leadership characteristics and abilities they believe are important for UNC’s next president. This is not a final list, nor is it all-encompassing; it is intended to provide a starting point for broad discussion about what is needed from UNC’s next leader. After the board has the opportunity to consult with the campus members of the Search Committee on Sept. 26, there will be provide multiple opportunities for broad input on this list. It's being shared now to encourage campus to begin thinking about it.
- Appreciate UNC’s unique strengths
- Be a catalyst for collaborative action
- Be knowledgeable about the higher education environment
- Build strong relationships with alumni, donors, legislators and policy makers
- Connect with the Greeley and Colorado communities
- Eagerly engage students
- Embrace innovation
- Energize and inspire people
- Identify and obtain external funding
- Possess big-picture financial acumen