Sport & Exercise Science: Sport Administration, PhD
The Doctor of Science in Sport and Exercise Science: Sport Administration Emphasis curriculum follows the guidelines set for the preparation of students in Sport Management by the National Association for Sport and Physical Education and the North American Society for Sport Management. The program is designed primarily to prepare students for academic positions in higher education. Some students may choose to apply their doctoral course work in careers in the management of sport in collegiate athletic programs, professional, Olympic, or commercial sport business.
Applications for the Ph.D. degree in Sport Administration are not currently being accepted for Fall, 2014; but applications are being accepted for Fall 2015.
Applicants must apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School before the program area reviews the applicant’s request for admission. Please submit the following materials to the Graduate School. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
- A Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Current Resume
- Written Statement of Career Goals
- Official copies of GRE scores (less than 5 years old) for doctoral applicants.
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $60 non-refundable application fee
- Completed Online Application
- Three Letters of Recommendation (pdf)
- One official copy of transcripts from all accredited college or university attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni need not submit transcripts