UNC offers a variety of scholarships, and our scholarship application process is fast and easy. Any student wanting to apply for scholarships offered through UNC must complete and submit a UNC Scholarship Application, available online via Ursa.
- Graduate Dean's Scholarship Program
The Graduate Dean's Scholarship provides multi-year financial support for students. Students must be nominated by faculty to receive the scholarship. Eligible students must be seeking a degree in the following fields:
- Art and Design
- Biological Sciences
- Clinical Counseling
- Criminal Justice
- Earth Sciences
- Education Leadership
- Educational Psychology
- Foreign Languages - Spanish (summer only)
- Modern Languages - Chinese
- Rehabilitation Counseling
- Speech Language Pathology
- Theatre and Dance
- Biological Education
- Counselor Education and Supervision
- Counseling Psychology
- Educational Mathematics
- Educational Psychology
- Higher Education and Student Affairs Leadership
- Human Rehabilitation
- School Psychology
- Sport and Exercise Sciences – Sport Pedagogy
- Be admitted to an eligible program prior to the start of the semester
- Be a new UNC graduate student for fall term or for a future semester
- If enrolling in a Master's program, have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.2
- If enrolling in a Doctoral program, have a minimum graduate GPA of 3.2
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.2 throughout your master's or doctoral program
- Be enrolled in at least three credit hours for a master's student and at least nine credit hours for a doctoral student in fall and spring semesters
- Be enrolled in at least three credit hours for a master's student; nine credit hours for a doctoral student over both or one of the summer sessions. Enrollment in summer is optional.
Fall and Spring Semesters
- Master's students enrolled in three to eight credit hours will receive $250 per semester; those enrolled in nine or more credit hours will receive $750 per semester.
- Doctoral students enrolled in nine or more credit hours will receive $1,000 per semester.
- Master's students enrolled in a minimum of three hours will receive $250.
- Doctoral students enrolled in a minimum of nine hours will receive $750.
- Diversity Tuition Scholarship
- Must be a fully admitted graduate student without any other contract assignment; full-time (teaching assistantship, graduate assistantship or graduate research assistantship) assignment.
- Must be a member of underrepresented group (racial/ethnic minority, gender if underrepresented in discipline and/or at the degree level being pursued, a person with disabilities).
- Must meet minimum admission standards for degree level, enrolled in 3 to 10 hours and have a 3.0 grade point average.
- Minimum award of $750
- Maximum award of $3,000
- Non-renewable but may be given a new award each year
- Available in summer with prior approval by the Dean of the Graduate School
- Nonresident Scholarship
- Fully admitted.
- Must be a nonresident student for tuition classification purposes (only eligible for first year of enrollment at UNC unless unable to qualify for resident status)
- Master's and specialist must have an admission grade point average of 3.25 (or higher)
- Doctoral must have an admission grade point average of 3.5 (or higher)
- Must have GRE scores of at least 1000 if GRE is required. Must be enrolled in 9 to 10 hours.
- Minimum award of $500.
- Only available for one full calendar year but may be offered for more than one year to students who cannot become residents, such as foreign students
- Maximum six semesters
- Available in summer with prior approval by the Dean of the Graduate School.
- Emergency Tuition Scholarship
Admitted to a graduate degree program, meeting minimum admissions standards (3.0 grade point average or better), enrolled in at least six hours. Priority will be given to incoming students who are starting a degree program, students in "low-enrolled" graduate programs, first generation and need based students.
- UNC Foundation Scholarships
Must fill out a FASFA application through Financial Aid in order to be nominated for these awards by March 1. Contact Financial Aid Office regarding these scholarships.
- Flood and Peterson Scholarship: Nominee qualifications: Full-time graduate student; Colorado resident; show academic performance and future potential. Renewable for two years.
- Cross Family Memorial Scholarship: Nominee qualifications: Awarded annually to deserving students.
- Fleta Craig Memorial Scholarship: Nominee qualifications: Awarded annually to an outstanding full-time student.
- Graduate Faculty Merit Scholarship: Nominee qualifications: Admitted graduate students; master's or specialists, 3.25 GPA; doctoral, 3.5 GPA professional accomplishments.
- Living Memorial Scholarship: Nominee qualifications: Awarded annually to an outstanding full-time graduate student – one award.
- Arthur and June Reynolds Graduate School Scholarship: Nominee qualifications: Full-time student, shall be enrolled in or accepted to the Graduate School and have satisfied general requirements – one award.
- Arno H Luker Scholarship for the Benefit of Graduate Students Studying Psychology and/or Counseling: Nominee qualifications: Full-time graduate student in psychology and/or counseling; 3.0 GPA.
- Violet Elliott Stenson Education Award: Nominee Qualifications: Graduate student in the College of Education and Behavioral Sciences in good academic standing.
- Universal Scholarship