Job & Internship Fairs
Spring 2016 Job & Internship Fair
Thursday, February 18th
UNC Recreation Center
Employers Attending the Fair (List will be available in January)
"How to Work a Job Fair" Workshops
Learn quick tips and tr icks on how to effectively participate in a job fair!
Spring Dates TBD
Spring 2016 Teacher Employment Days (TED)
Thursday & Friday, April 7th & 8th
Bank of Colorado Arena (Butler-Hancock Gym)
Registration for TED will be available in January.
What to do before attending a fair or networking event:
- Develop your resume using Resume Creator in Bears Career Connection
- Have your resume reviewed by a Career Counselor
- Meet with a Career Counselor during fall/spring semester drop-in hours 12-3 pm Monday - Friday or call (970) 351-2127 to make an appointment.
- See a list of employers attending by creating an account on Bears Career Connection.
- Once you are logged in, click on "Career Events"
- Click "Search"
- Click on the name of the fair you will attend
- Click "View Employers Attending"
- Cick "Search" and you will see the latest list of registered employers and internship sites.
- Research companies of interest
- Go over their website including things such as their mission statement, values, populations they serve learn about the company so that you can speak with the recruiters specifically about their company.
- Apply online before the event to demonstrate you are serious about a job opportunity.
- Know how to dress and prepare for talking to recruiters.
- Visit Career Services' Pinterest boards on Making Connections (Networking) and Work Style boards, "Business Casual" for dressy business casual attire and "Business Professional" for typical business professional interview attire.
- After the event, make sure to follow-up with the employers by sending a thank you note.