Job & Internship Fairs
Spring 2016 Teacher Employment Days (TED)
Thursday & Friday, April 7th & 8th
Bank of Colorado Arena (Butler-Hancock Gym)
Registration for TED will be available in January.
What to do before attending a fair or networking event:
- Develop your resume using Resume Creator in Bears Career Connection
- Have your resume reviewed by a Career Counselor
- Meet with a Career Counselor during fall/spring semester drop-in hours 12-3 pm Monday - Friday or call (970) 351-2127 to make an appointment.
- See a list of employers attending by creating an account on Bears Career Connection.
- Once you are logged in, click on "Career Events"
- Click "Search"
- Click on the name of the fair you will attend
- Click "View Employers Attending"
- Cick "Search" and you will see the latest list of registered employers and internship sites.
- Research companies of interest
- Go over their website including things such as their mission statement, values, populations they serve learn about the company so that you can speak with the recruiters specifically about their company.
- Apply online before the event to demonstrate you are serious about a job opportunity.
- Drop your resume for attending employers before the fair. Log into Bears Career Connection (BCC) and on the top bar click on "My Account", then click on "My Documents", and up-load a resume by clicking "Add" at the bottom of the page. Now click on "Career Events" and "View Employers". Click on employers you are interested in and then click on "Drop Resume". Complete the "Drop Resume" box and Save. The employer will be able to view your resume before the Job & Internship Fair and they may contact you.
- Know how to dress and prepare for talking to recruiters.
- Visit Career Services' Pinterest boards on Making Connections (Networking) and Work Style boards, "Business Casual" for dressy business casual attire and "Business Professional" for typical business professional interview attire.
- After the event, make sure to follow-up with the employers by sending a thank you note.