The Bresnahan-Halstead Center is committed to work for the advancement of knowledge and quality services for people with disabilities through research, professional development, partnership/technical assistance, and scholarships. As part of this mission, the Center is committed to providing travel support to faculty in the School of Special Education at the University of Northern Colorado or members of the Advisory Board for the Center. However, these travel funds are limited and should be used as a supplemental source, rather than a primary source for funding professional travel.
Instructions for Applying
Past Recipients of Travel Support
- Todd Sundeen: Attend and present at the CEC 2018 conference.
- Hasan Zaghlawan: Participated in training at the 2017 Summer Research Training Institute in Single-Case Research Design and Analysis, designed to increase capacity to conduct quality research studies in early childhood special education and other fields and enable the support of and assistance to graduate students in their research in special education.
- Silvia Correa-Torres: Attended and presented at the TASH 2017 conference. The theme of the conference was Still We Rise for Equity, Opportunity, and Inclusion, providing a forum for leadership personnel and emerging leaders in the disability field for sharing of knowledge and expertise toward innovative strategies in the field.
- Jason Robinson: Presented at the 2016 DCDT Conference on postsecondary success of individuals with disabilities via collaborative IEP meetings and holistic transition planning.
- Sara Movahedazarhoulign: Presented a poster at the 2016 DEC International Conference on Young Children with Special Needs and Their Families on her research on family-centered practices in special education through administrators’ perspectives.
- Jenny Urbach: Presented at the 2016 DCDT Conference on workplace literacy skills for school district personnel.