Deal locally, face-to-face —follow this one rule and avoid 99% of scam attempts.
- The interested party is communicating from outside the country and
primarily through e-mail.
- There are notable grammatical errors in the e-mail.
- The interested renter wants to use an intermediary or friend to make
- The amount of money being sent is OVER the required deposit amount.
- The potential renter backs out of renting the unit for some reason and
asks for the deposit or overages back.
We want to stress that there are genuine requests for housing rentals coming from abroad, but it is important to use caution.