Living in Greeley
Greeley is a friendly community less than an hour’s drive from Denver, firmly rooted in Colorado life and recreation. With a population of about 100,000, and a vibe that is eclectic and wholly unique, Greeley offers limitless outdoor recreation; art, music and community events; and a range of shopping and restaurants for every interest and appetite.
Safe Party Tips
- Answer the door for Police; municipal search warrants take 60 minutes to get.
- If you get a knock from police, expect a ticket (not a warning).
- Campfires need to be in approved containers within the city limits.
- Greeley PD does not target UNC students, they want you to be safe and enjoy the city.
- The police have strict enforcement policies for underage consumption (marijuana & alcohol) and DUIs.
- Unlawful noise tickets (up to $1,000 fine) are issued when noise is heard at the property line or 50 feet from a car.
- You can go to jail for many municipal code violations (including loud parties, underage consumption, disorderly conduct, resisting an officer, repeat offenses).
- Public Intoxication is not a crime in Colorado, but you can be transported to detox or jail for detox-refusals.
- Steer clear of unfamiliar neighborhoods and unlit roadways and never walk alone at night.
- If you need HELP (non-emergency), call UNC PD at 970-351-2245 or Greeley PD at 970-350-9600.