Transfer & Non-Traditional Students
Online Orientation is required for all Transfer and Non-Traditional students. Online Orientation will be completed through the online reservation system. It is intended to introduce student essentials and campus resources relevant to the transition to UNC.
Transfer and Non-Traditional students are also encouraged to attend an optional four hour in-person Transfer & Non-Traditional Welcome, which provides an overview of life at UNC, opportunities to connect with other students, and advising and class registration.
Transfer & Non-Traditional Students Entering Summer or Fall 2017:
You will be able to begin accessing the orientation system when it goes live in Mid-October 2018. At which time, you may start completing Online Orientation and make your reservation to attend a Transfer & Non-Traditional Welcome.
Orientation Dates for Spring 2018 Entering Students:
To view the current and most accurate sessions available, please log in to the orientation system. The orientation system updates live. The dates listed below are for reference only.
November 20, 2017
January 5, 2018
Reservations close and lock 4 business days (Mon.-Fri.) out prior to a session at which point changes cannot be made to a reservation.
Note: Online Orientation must be completed by Transfer and Non-Traditional students before attending the optional in-person Transfer & Non-Traditional Welcome. We have purposefully structured the process so that learning the information in the Online Orientation will help support the in-person Orientation experience. The reservation for an in-person Orientation is available in the reservation system once Online Orientation is completed.
This is a tentative schedule and subject to change. The final schedule with details will be given to participants at check-in.
All sessions are in the University Center:
11:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Check-In in the University Center
- Check-in is on the 2nd floor around the fireplace.
- Pick up check-in materials (schedule, handouts, name tag, meal tickets, advising materials, etc).
12 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- Lunch & University Welcome - Get to know other incoming students as well as current students who have transferred to UNC in a small-group setting.
- University Fair - An opportunity to meet with campus departments that may be important to the holistic UNC experience.
- Advising and Registration. The end time is dependent on individual registration time.
Note: Parents and support people will be able to hear information about UNC's Liberal Arts Core, the online catalog, and get any lingering questions answered while you are being advised.
- Optional campus tours by Admissions Ambassadors.
- There will be multiple opportunities to get picture taken for the UNC ID at the UNC card office.
- All students and registered parents/support people will receive a lunch ticket.
- If you need to make any campus appointments, please schedule after 3:30 p.m.