Transfer & Nontraditional Students
Online Orientation is required for all Transfer and Nontraditional students. Online Orientation will be completed through the online reservation system. It is intended to introduce student essentials and campus resources relevant to the transition to UNC.
Transfer and Nontraditional students are also encouraged to attend an optional four hour in-person Transfer & Nontraditional Welcome, which provides an overview of life at UNC, opportunities to connect with other students, and advising and class registration.
Transfer & Nontraditional Students Entering Summer or Fall 2018:
You will be able to begin accessing the orientation system when it goes live in Mid-March 2018. At which time, you may start completing Online Orientation and make your reservation to attend a Transfer & Nontraditional Welcome.
Orientation Dates for Summer and Fall 2018 Entering Students:
To view the current and most accurate sessions available, please log in to the orientation system. The orientation system updates live. The dates listed below are for reference only.
June 4, 2018
July 9, 2018
August 17, 2018
Reservations close and lock 4 business days (Mon.-Fri.) out prior to a session at which point changes cannot be made to a reservation.
If you are attending this last in-person Transfer and Nontraditional Welcome in August, you will be able to move-in to your permanent fall housing assignment as of Sunday, August 12, 2018. So that housing is prepared for your arrival, each student will need to fill out the Early Arrival Sign Up (available sometime in July 2018) in order to be able to move in early. Students who do not fill out this link will not be approved to move in early. If your travel plans dictate dates outside of the aforementioned dates, please contact Housing and Residential Education (970-351-2721) for daily rates and availability.
Optional campus tours by Admissions Ambassadors will not be offered.
Note: Online Orientation must be completed by Transfer and Nontraditional students before attending the optional in-person Transfer & Nontraditional Welcome. We have purposefully structured the process so that learning the information in the Online Orientation will help support the in-person Orientation experience. The reservation for an in-person Orientation is available in the reservation system once Online Orientation is completed.
This is a tentative schedule and subject to change. The final schedule with details will be given to participants at check-in.
All sessions are in the University Center:
11:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Check-In in the University Center
- Check-in is on the 2nd floor around the fireplace.
- Pick up check-in materials (schedule, handouts, name tag, meal tickets, advising materials, etc).
12 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- Lunch & University Welcome - Get to know other incoming students as well as current students who have transferred to UNC in a small-group setting.
- University Fair - An opportunity to meet with campus departments that may be important to the holistic UNC experience.
- Advising and Registration. The end time is dependent on individual registration time.
Note: Parents and support people will be able to hear information about UNC's Liberal Arts Core, the online catalog, and get any lingering questions answered while you are being advised.
- Optional campus tours by Admissions Ambassadors (Not offered for August 18, 2017 session).
- There will be multiple opportunities to get picture taken for the UNC ID at the UNC card office.
- All students and registered parents/support people will receive a lunch ticket.
- If you need to make any campus appointments, please schedule after 3:30 p.m.