Provost Robbyn Wacker has announced this year's Academic Excellence Awards recipients, who will be recognized at the annual Academic Excellence Reception from 3-4:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 23, in the University Center Panorama room. Presentations will begin around 3:30 p.m. RSVPs are not required for the reception, which is open to all faculty and staff. The recipients are:
- Teaching Excellence in Undergraduate Education: Robert Heiny, Mathematical Sciences (More Info)
- Teaching Excellence in Graduate Education: Priscilla Falcon, Hispanic Studies (More Info)
- Excellence in Faculty Service: Richard Schwenz, Chemistry and Biochemistry (More Info)
- Excellence in Faculty Advisement: Robert Reinsvold, Biological Sciences (More Info)
- School/Program Excellence in Service: School of Theatre Arts and Dance (More Info)
- Excellence through Performance Assessment: Tutoring Services (More Info)
Criteria for the awards include a thorough knowledge of the academic or professional field, ability to communicate that knowledge in an effective and organized manner, ability to create a positive learning environment, demonstration of respect and concern for students, ability to inspire enthusiasm for learning and high expectations for students' performance.