Submit a UNC Event or News Announcement
Use this form to submit an event for UNC’s online calendar or a news announcement for possible inclusion in e-newsletters.
Events and news announcements of broad interest will be considered for inclusion in UNC e-newsletters or other publications.
View tips and frequently asked questions about providing event or announcement information.
Fields marked with an * are required. Questions? Need to modify an event? Please email us.
Submission Form FAQs
- Where Will My Event Or Announcement Appear?
- When Will My Event Or Announcement Be Published?
- How Do I Change Event Or Announcement Information?
- Submissions must be from a UNC department or office, a chartered student organization or other UNC-affiliated program and will be accepted only from UNC faculty, staff and students with email addresses ending in unco.edu or bears.unco.edu.
- The content of submissions must be directly related to the university and must not contain commercial advertising, solicitation or religious or political editorials.
- Submissions will be reviewed within 24 hours (excluding weekends). Deadline for submissions to be considered for the following day's newsletter(s) is 3 p.m.
- Approved submissions will be edited as necessary University News and Public Relations staff will edit submissions for accuracy, brevity, clarity and suitability, and placed into the appropriate newsletter, the UNC
- News website or a news release at the discretion of the news editor.
- Submissions that are incomplete or inaccurate or do not meet guidelines will be e-mailed back to the submitter with an explanation. Submitters are encouraged to make necessary changes and resubmit the item.
- The university reserves the right to review, suspend or deny submissions for any reason.
- For more detailed information about communicating information to members of the university community, refer to 3-9-212 of University Regulations (PDF) as adopted by the Board of Trustees.