More than 4,000 University of Northern Colorado students attending classes this summer will be joined by more than 15,000 people attending more than 90 sports camps, professional workshops and conferences, musical and theatrical performances, and a variety of private functions being held on campus.
UNC-sponsored summer activities include:
- More than 300 summer classes over six-, eight- and 10-week sessions (registration is still open)
- New Student Orientation for incoming freshman and transfer students: Sessions begin in June and run through the summer.
- Hands-On Art Classes: Non-credit classes begin in June.
- Little Theatre of the Rockies (77th season begins June 9).
- Frontiers of Science Institute for high school seniors: June 19-July 29.
- Concerts Under the Stars, weekly performances in July.
- UNC Jazz Camp, for middle school through college-aged students, July 17-22.
- Camps for football, basketball (girls and boys), volleyball, baseball and tennis (boys, girls and adult) that feature UNC coaches and players, with some sports offering both team and individual sessions.
Non-UNC camps and events on campus this summer include the Colorado Special Olympics Summer Games, National Cheerleading Association Camp, Universal Dance Association Camp, Colorado Karate Camp and Pathways American Indian Conference.
UNC facilities this summer also will host a growing number of private gatherings such as family reunions, weddings and wedding anniversary parties as the campus grows in popularity as an affordable option for family gatherings.
Indoor conference facilities and meeting rooms, beautiful outdoor wedding or party venues, catering services, dining rooms, convenience food outlets and a recreation center are among the amenities available.
The university also offers nightly hotel-style accommodations during the summer in South Hall, a residence hall featuring suites accommodating up to four persons. Built in 2009, the spacious, air-conditioned suites include two bedrooms, a bathroom and a living area.
A complete listing of camps and conferences is available here. Please note that registration may be limited or closed for some.