NHS College Student Council
The College of Natural and Health Sciences Student Council (NHS-SC) membership is open to representatives from from each of the School and Department in the College, representatives from each chartered NHS student club, and the Dean’s Office representative (Advisor).
- Shelby Hafner, President - Major: Biological Sciences; Club: NHS Student Ambassador Program
- Sami Strouse, Vice President - Major: Pre-Nursing; Club: Pre-Health Club
- Allyson Wandel, Secretary - Major: Audiology and Speech-Language Sciences; Club: NSSLAH
- Megan Lavallee, Treasurer - Major: Recreation, Tourism and Hospitality; Minor: Business Administration; Club: NHS Student Ambassador Program
- Daisy Aguallo Mora - Major: Sport and Exercise Science; Minor: Nutrition
- Lobna Alsrraj - Majors: Audiology and Speech-Language Sciences and Political Science; Minor: Leadership Studies; Clubs: Student Senate
- Paige Brannon - Major: Human Services; Minor: Nutrition; Clubs: Student Senate
- Ana Nallely Campuzano Saenz - Major: Mathematics Secondary Teaching; Emphasis: ESL; Clubs: Stryker and Cumbres
- David Castillo - Major: Sport and Exercise Science; Minor: Nutrition
- Jay Mahoney - Major: Sport and Exercise Science; Clubs: UNC Club Sports and Club Running
- Shannon Miller - Major: Recreation, Tourism and Hospitality; Clubs: Student Senate
- Taylor Polson - Major: Sport and Exercise Science; Minor: Sports Coaching
- Sebastian Ramos-Seguel - Major: Biological Sciences; Clubs: Biology Club and Pre-Health Club
- Yessica Rodriguez - Major: Biological Sciences; Clubs: LEAP, Pre-Health Club, and Chemistry Club
- Kayleigh Shinn - Major: Nursing; Club: Student Nurse's Association
- Jessica Sowle - Major: Audiology and Speech-Language Sciences; Club: NSSLAH
- Destinee Spurlin - Major: Pre-Nursing
- Karli Wilson - Major: Chemistry; Minor: Biology; Clubs: NHS Student Ambassador Program
- Beckie Croissant - Advisor
Purpose of the NHS College Student Council:
To provide a communication liaison between the student body, NHS faculty, and NHS administration. NHS-SC will strive to first and foremost develop student voice within NHS and to foster greater communication amongst the students of NHS as well as the university community.
To appear on behalf of and speak for the students of the College of Natural and Health Sciences on all appropriate matters concerning said students.
To aid in the organization of NHS events and activities and facilitate joint club participation. This may include, but not be limited to, guest speakers, College-level picnics or awards.
To promote NHS student placement activities. This may include, but not be limited to, seminars, lecturers, and utilization of placement bulletin boards.
Student Organization Events
To encourage and support approved NHS student activities. Special emphasis should be given to supporting activities of NHS’s student clubs and activities designed to facilitate placement of NHS graduates.
Student Organization Recognition
To foster the recognition of NHS student clubs.
A minimum of three (3) NHS-SC meetings will be held per academic semester (Fall and Spring). NHS-SC will not meet during the summer term or during closed school university periods.