Music: Performance, Woodwinds, DA
Performance emphases are available in flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, saxophone, horn, trumpet, tenor trombone, bass trombone, euphonium, tuba, percussion, violin, viola, violoncello, string bass, harp, keyboard, voice, and guitar.
- UNC Main Campus
Total Degree Requirements
66-71 Credit Hours
Bob Ehle, 970-351-1922
- Andrew Dahlke, 970-351-2000, Saxophone
- James Hall, 970-351-2529, Flute
- Charles Hansen, 970-351-2328, Basson
- Lauren Jacobson, 970-351-2292, Clarinet
- Elizabeth Telling, 970-351-2673, oboe
Submit the following application materials to Valerie Anderson in the School of Music:
- Fall & Spring Admissions: If you have received scholarships, your admission deadline might depend on the scholarship requirements. School of Music Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible to secure an audition date and time. Auditions day fill quickly.
- Saturday, February 8, 2014
- Monday, February 17, 2014
- Saturday, February 22, 2014
School of Music Admission Requirements
- An on-campus audition or an audition CD is required
- The preliminary audition will determine whether the applicant shows promise and talent to pursue the degree.
- An on-campus audition is preferable.
- The audition recording should be a high quality CD that includes solos of several styles addressed to the Area Head of the Wind and Percussion Area.
- The candidate must continue to meet all steps for degree qualifications as listed in the Graduate Catalog.
UNC Graduate School Requirements
Applicants must also apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School. To apply, submit the following materials in a single packet along with the application fee. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $60 non-refundable application fee
- Submit Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test Scores
- Required Minimum: 140 Quantitative; 146 Verbal Reasoning; Combined score of at least 297; Analytic Writing 3.5
- Three Letters of Recommendation (pdf)
- Completed Online Application
- One official copy of transcripts from all accredited college or university attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni need not submit transcripts