Music: Instrumental Performance, Keyboard, DA
Performance emphases are available in flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, saxophone, horn, trumpet, tenor trombone, bass trombone, euphonium, tuba, percussion, violin, viola, violoncello, string bass, harp, keyboard, voice, and guitar..
Submit the following application materials to Valerie Anderson in the School of Music:
- Fall & Spring Admissions: If you have received scholarships, your admission deadline might depend on the scholarship requirements. School of Music Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible to secure an audition date and time. Auditions day fill quickly.
- Saturday, February 8, 2014
- Monday, February 17, 2014
- Saturday, February 22, 2014
School of Music Admission Requirements
- Prepare an audition of 45-55 minutes containing representative and major works of the repertoire.
- All piano solo works submitted for audition should be performed from memory.
- The only acceptable recorded audition will be of the auditioning student’s most recent degree recital, accompanied by a copy of the recital program.
- An in-person audition/interview is required
- The auditioning student will also prepare a piece of the faculty's choice on 24 hour advance notice.
- All piano solo works submitted for audition should be performed from memory. The auditioning student will also prepare a piece of the faculty’s choice on twenty-four hours advance notice.
- The auditioning student’s sight-reading skill and functional piano skills will be tested, as well.
UNC Graduate School Requirements
Applicants must also apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School. To apply, submit the following materials in a single packet along with the application fee. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $60 non-refundable application fee
- Completed Online Application
- Three Letters of Recommendation (pdf)
- One official copy of transcripts from all accredited college or university attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni need not submit transcripts
- Submit GRE Scores
- Audition Repertoire and Faculty Contact is included in the School of Music Application