Music: Education, MM
The Master of Music degree assists the professional K-12 music teacher by developing and enriching musical competencies, professional understandings and skills, and personal qualities that are essential for success in a world and profession characterized by perpetual change. The program's structure allows extensive flexibility in designing an in-depth program based on individual career interests and professional orientation.
UNC Graduate School Requirements
Applicants must also apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School. To apply, submit the following materials in a single packet along with the application fee. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $60 non-refundable application fee
- Completed Online Application
- One official copy of transcripts from all accredited college or university attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni need not submit transcripts
School of Music Admission and Audition Requirements
Please note that you must also apply for admission to the School of Music and that an audition and/or interview may be required. Please click here to visit the program’s website. For any questions about the School of Music application, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Audition days fill quickly, so you are encouraged to complete the application as soon as possible in order to secure an audition date and time. Information regarding audition requirements, repertoire and faculty contact information are also available on the application.
- 2016 Audition Dates
- Saturday, Feb. 6, 2016
- Monday, Feb. 15, 2016
- Saturday, Feb. 20, 2016
- Mark Montemayor, Area head
Instrumental Music Education
- Alise Brown, Music Education
- Jill Burgett, Choral Music Education
- Jason Byrnes, Brass Methods
- Nancy Glen, Music Education
- Richard Mayne, Associate Director of Bands
- Charlotte Mills, Piano Pedagogy
Student Teaching Coordinator
- Judith Sapegin, Music Education