Definition: Any repeated, non-consensual communication, or verbal, or implied threats, or a combination thereof that would cause a person to feel fearful.
Stalking includes many different unwanted behaviors, including sending multiple texts and messages, surprise visits, tracking victims, leaving gifts, peeping, hacking social media accounts, threats.
- 6.6 million people are stalked in 1 year in the U.S.
- 1 in 6 women and 1 in 19 men have experienced stalking at some point in their lifetime.
- Persons aged 18-24 experience the highest rates of stalking.
- 54% of femicide victims reported stalking to police before they were killed by their stalkers.
- 17% of Native American and Alaskan Native women have been stalked in their
support & Resources
It may also be helpful to utilize the Colorado Address Confidentiality Program to keep your home address private. ASAP can assist you through the application process, as well as answer questions you may have. Additionally, please note that the UNC directory automatically displays the phone numbers and email addresses of UNC students. If you would like to remove your personal information from the UNC directory, please follow the instructions below.
If you are supporting someone who is experiencing stalking, resources are available to you.