If You Were Raped
- IF YOU ARE IN IMMEDIATE DANGER, CALL 911.
- If you are a UNC student, call ASAP at 351-1490 during business hours, or the crisis line at 351-4040 after hours.
- If you are not a UNC student, contact your
area rape crisis program, RAINN, by calling the Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network at 1-800-656-HOPE.
- Call a close friend or relative for support.
- Do not douche, bathe, or change clothes until you have talked with the police. You may destroy valuable evidence needed by the police.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible. DO NOT WAIT., even if you don not want to report to law enforcement.
If the assault happened in the past and you are having trouble with recovery, seek counseling or a support group.
- At UNC, the University Counseling Center is available to students at no cost and can be contacted at 351-2496.
- In Greeley, North Range Behavioral Health provides counseling on a sliding fee scale and can be reached at 347-2120.
- Sexual Assault Resource Center (SARC) offers a support group for survivors of sexual assault and can be reached at 352-7273.
- Outside Greeley, consult your area rape
crisis center regarding counseling and support options.