University of Northern Colorado School of Nursing
The UNC School of Nursing subscribes to a philosophy of nursing that views the patient holistically. Congruent with the belief in the dignity and worth of people is the belief that the individual has a right to be an active participant in the decisions concerning his or her well-being. The Mission of the UNC School of Nursing, congruent with the Mission of the University, is to provide teaching, scholarly activity and service in the discipline of nursing. The School of Nursing strives for excellence as reflected in highly qualified faculty, rigorous academic standards for students and a commitment to quality professional practice outcomes within all healthcare settings.
The School of Nursing is approved by the Colorado State Board of Nursing. The Baccalaureate degree in nursing, Master's degree in nursing, and Doctor of Nursing Practice degree at the University of Northern Colorado is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation).
Students graduating from the BSN Program are eligible to sit for the NCLEX RN licensure exam and FNP/DNP graduates are eligible to sit for NP certification examinations.
The School of Nursing is a part of the UNC College of Natural and Health Sciences.
- Gwyneth Milbrath receives 2016 Spurgeon Neel Award (Jan 2016)
- HRSA Grant News (Dec 2015)
- Rhonda Squires joins the BMG Western Region Peer Review Committee (May 2015)
- Colorado Nightingale Award Winner: Dr. Vicki Wilson (5/9/15)
- Academic Scholars Award (April 2015)
- Dr. Faye Hummel, Professor & Interim Director, School of Nursing has been named the 2015 M. Lucile Harrison Award recipient (April 2015)
- March 2015 School of Nursing NEWSLETTER
- Dr. Vicki Wilson received the Centennial Nightingale Luminary Award for Advocacy (March 2015)
- Dr. Audrey Snyder recognized as one of the 10 Top ER Nursing Professors (Sept 2014)
- Dr. Audrey Snyder recognized as one of the 15 Great Acute Care Nursing Professors (July 2014)
- UNC Nursing Student Appointed to NSNA Resolutions Committee (July 2014)