First-Year Students Live-On Campus Requirement

For the Fall 2017-2018 academic year, all newly admitted students with less than 20 college credit hours earned after high school graduation (or equivalent), who are under 21, and are not living with their parent or legal guardian in the local area must live in the UNC's housing system through the completion of the first academic year of their attendance.  (Local area is defined by school district. Included school districts are Ault Highland RE-9, Eaton RE-2, Greeley 6, Platte Valley RE-7, Poudre R-1, Thompson R-2J, Weld County RE-5J, Weld RE-1 and Windsor RE-4.)

Credits earned through Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) or concurrent enrollment with high school do not apply towards the live-on requirement.

First-year students wishing to live off-campus may request an exemption. However, we are unable to approve requests for an exemption based on financial need, but make sure to talk to the Office of Financial Aid to see what options are available.

Regardless of your student status, we’re pleased to offer you multiple choices of housing options. Students can live in our Residence Halls or Arlington Park Apartments.

Housing & Dining Contract