We have worked hard to provide a professional development model designed for staff staying in our department for 2-3 years. This process begins with Hall Director training, continues with other educational sessions throughout the year, provides for conference attendance, and encourages both departmental and campus wide committee involvement.
- Regional and National Involvement
- Past Presentations from Department
- Committee Opportunities: (Departmental and University):
- University Committees
- HD Individual budgets: Pending budget restrictions as deemed by the Director of Residential Education, Housing & Residential Education provides $500 of professional development funds for each Hall Director.
- Co-Teaching the RA Class
- University Tuition Waivers: The University offers tuition benefits to employees equal to nine credits of coursework per year with supervisor approval. The employee may not take more than six credits per semester.
Departmental Committees: Awards & Recognition, Civic Engagement, Student Staff Selection, RA Council, Social Justice, Student Staff Training, Sophomore Year Experience.