Chef Essig's Featured Item of the Week
Home For The Holidays ~ Special Dinner 2013
Each year Dining Services celebrates the holiday season by offering a special menu to the campus community, and this year is no exception. We would like to invite you to join us at our "Home for the Holidays" special dinner on Wednesday, December 4th.
Be sure to come early to avoid the lines that form around our most popular event of the year. If you do find yourself waiting for a table, don't worry... we will be serving some appetizers to welcome you into the dining room. We realize that the United States is not home to all of the UNC community, but no matter where you call home, we know you will find something fantastic to celebrate the season. Come in out of the cold and enjoy some appetizers.
If you still have a chill when you come in the dining room, stop by the Wok 'n Roll station and grab a cup of Hot Cocoa, Egg Nog, or Hot Apple Cider. Enjoy your cup of cheer as you decide what to choose from this year's special menu.
No matter where you are from, you probably have a special dish or a special meal that reminds you of home. We hope that in our menu this year you may find something that brings you back or maybe even creates a new feeling of holiday spirit, as you are home for the holidays here at UNC.
Happy Holidays from your friends in Dining Services!
2013 MENU: Home For The Holidays
Dining Services would like to invite you to join us for the 2013 Home For The Holidays special dinner on Wednesday, December 4th. Here is what you will enjoy...
- Appetizers: Tomato Basil Bruschetta ~ Ancho BBQ Meatballs ~ Crab Rangoon Dip with Fried Wontons ~ Assorted Cheeses with Crackers ~ Breaded Ravioli
- Soup: Hearty Homestyle Chicken Noodle Soup ~ Crabtree Ale and Cheese Soup ~ Assorted Rustic Breads and Rolls
- Salad Bar: Marinated Mushroom Salad ~ Roasted Red Pepper Salad with Roasted Garlic and Chile Oil ~ Marinated Olive Blend ~ Artichokes and Asparagus in Herb Vinaigrette ~ Italian Meat Selections (Capicola, Salami, Rolled Ham, Prosciutto) ~ Caprese Salad ~ Pickled Salmon ~ Maytag Blue Cheese and Glazed Walnut Salad with Cranberries
- Home Plate: Colorado Carved NY Strip Loin (Local Beef served with Demi Glace, Horseradish Sauce and Sautéed Mushrooms) ~ Stuffed Scallop and Shrimp St. Jacques ~ Spinach Tofu Lasagna ~ Roasted Fingerling Potatoes ~ Cabernet Rice Medley ~ Broccoli with Red Peppers ~ Roasted Vegetable Medley ~ Potato Latkes with Applesauce
- Pasta: Colorado Cheddar Mac and Cheese ~ Colorado Red Bean Elk Chili
- Wok 'n Roll: Hot Cocoa Station w/ Toppings ~ Hot Apple Cider ~ Egg Nog
- The DASH: Pumpkin Spice Pork Tenderloin with Cider Reduction ~ Roasted Butternut Squash ~ Grilled Apple Green Beans
- The Grille: Southwest Turkey Meatloaf ~ Green Chile Gravy ~ Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes with Bacon ~ Colorado Bean and Corn Blend with Pablanos
- Desserts: Assorted Cheesecake ~ Flourless Chocolate Cake ~ Chocolate Mascarpone Babka ~ Holiday Cookies
Dining Services is here for you because We Feed The Bears and are proud of it! GO BEARS! Happy Dining from Executive Chef Essig!
Chef Aran Essig, CEC, CCA (Certified Executive Chef, Certified Culinary Administrator)
Hungry and not sure where to eat? We can help you decide... check out the weekly menus often to see what each dining room is serving. You can also call the FoodLine (970.351.FOOD) for daily menus. Students living in the residence halls can access weekly menus on the VOIP phones in their rooms.
Faculty/Staff: sign up for the payroll deduction program
Weekly Dining Room Menus: see the weekly menu online here
Daily Menus: call the FoodLine at (970) 351-FOOD (3663)
Mobile Menus: m.unco.edu
*NEW* Nutrition Labels: see labels for The DASH and other stations
Have More Questions? email email@example.com