Welcome to UNC Dining Services where "We Feed The Bears!"
Special Labor Day Hours
Select Dining Services locations will have special hours on Monday, September 7th. All other locations will be closed for the Labor Day holiday.
- Holmes Dining Hall = OPEN for Brunch and Dinner
(instead of breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
- Tobey-Kendel Dining Room = OPEN for Brunch and Dinner
(instead of breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
- Gourmet To Go (both Holmes and TK) = CLOSED
- UC Food Court = CLOSED
- Bears Bistro = CLOSED
- Einstein Bros® Bagels = CLOSED
- Subway® = CLOSED
- Taco Bell® Express = CLOSED
- Munchy Mart = CLOSED
- Coffee Corner locations (Kepner, Michener, and Turner) = CLOSED
The Dining Services Office will also be CLOSED. All locations will resume normal business hours on Tuesday, September 8th.
Pick The Right Meal Plan For You
We're all very exited that Fall 2015 is here! You probably are too... so what do you need to do now that you're here on campus?? Make sure you have a meal plan!
- If you're a student who lives on campus, check your URSA bill and look at which meal plan you chose. It won't list the actual meal plan, but you'll be able to see the price... and then you can CLICK HERE to see the On Campus Meal Plans and match it to the meal plan you were billed for.
- Next, you will need to decide if you want to keep that meal plan or change it to something else. You're welcome to change your plan, but you need to submit a new contract before 5pm on Friday, September 4th. You can submit a new contract online here or in person at the Dining Services Office, any dining room, or the UC Card Office.
- If you're OK with your meal plan and don't want to make changes, you don't need to do anything else!
- Do you have any specific dietary issues that you need us to know about?? We can usually accommodate most requests, but we recommend you speak with our Registered Dietitian about it first... he will be able to tell you what we can offer. You can contact Matthew Doyle, RDN, at (970) 351-1961 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
"We Feed The Bears!"
Dining Services has a creative and passionate group of employees who love to try new ways to cook and serve you better, so our menus change a little bit each semester. This semester, Tobey-Kendel is going to be trying out a few more vegetarian and vegan recipes. Have a great recipe you'd like us to try? Email it to us at email@example.com.
We have LOTS of choices... hungry and don't know which dining room to try? Dining room menus are posted online every Friday, so take a look at what's being served this week. You're not required to eat at any one location, so why don't you try them all!? Check out the Dining Room hours of operation here.
In a rush and just want to stop by for a cup of coffee and a bagel? Why don't you use your Dining Dollars??! Dining Dollars are very handy to have loaded onto your UNC Card, and we have lots of different locations where they are accepted. Check out the Retail Dining hours of operation here.
Have More Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meal Plan Options - Fall 2015 / Spring 2016
Dining Services offers a meal plan to fit any student's needs. Students living on campus choose their meal plan when they sign up for housing... it's so easy!
Live off campus? We can recommend a Bear Plan just for you. Dining Dollars are great to have no matter where you live! Leave the shopping, cooking, and cleaning to us!
On Campus Meal Plans
- All students living in a residence hall are required to carry an On Campus Meal Plan throughout the academic year. (This rule does not apply if you live in the Lawrenson Apartments, the Arlington Park Apartments, the University Apartments, or in the UNC owned houses.)
- Freshmen living on-campus can choose from 4 different meal plans... so choose the one that best fits your lifestyle. Not sure what meal plan to choose? Check out a few tips we have for you.
- CLICK HERE to see the On Campus Meal Plan options.
Off Campus Bear Plans
- Students living off-campus, in the Lawrenson Apartments, the Arlington Park Apartments, the University Apartments, or in the UNC owned houses are eligible to carry any meal plan, including Bear Plans.
- We recommend Bear Plans for our off-campus students because you can purchase meals in small packages... add on meals as often as you want!
- Purchase Bear Plans with the online meal contract NOW (you must be a registered student to use the online contract).
- CLICK HERE to see the Off Campus Bear Plans.
- Don't forget to add Dining Dollars to your UNC Card. They're so convenient to have... and you don't get charged tax for your food/beverage purchases.
- Purchase additional Dining Dollars with the online meal contract NOW (you must be a registered student to use the online contract).
UNC Dining Services has a Facebook page, so please like us! We will be posting information about yummy menu items, upcoming events and special dinners, special hours for Thanksgiving Break, etc. We might even ask for your help... and you could win prizes! Retail Dining has a Facebook page, and UNC Catering does too! You should like all 3 pages!
Can't find what you're looking for? Have more questions? No problem... contact Dining Services at (970) 351-2652, email us at email@example.com, or stop by Tobey-Kendel Hall (room 120) and ask us in person! "We Feed The Bears!"