Welcome to UNC Dining Services where "We Feed The Bears!"
Special Events & Monotony Breakers
Dining Services has special events and monotony breakers happening throughout the entire year... here are a few events coming up:
- March is National Nutrition Month = Good Nutrition is Easy!
- Sunday, 3/8/15: Daylight Saving Time begins
- Saturday, 3/14/15 - Sunday, 3/22/15: Spring Break
- All dining rooms close after lunch on Friday, 3/13/15
- Holmes and TK will open for dinner on Sunday, 3/22/15
- CLICK HERE for the hours of operation for select Retail Dining locations open over Spring Break.
Yes... We Feed The Bears!
Dining Services has a creative and passionate group of employees who love to try new ways to cook and serve you better, so our menus change a little bit each semester.
Hungry and don't know which dining room to try? Dining room menus are posted online every Friday, so take a look at what's being served this week.
You asked us for new meal plans -- so we re-worked all of your on campus meal plan options. Not sure what meal plan you want? Check out a few tips we have for you here.
We also listen to our customer feedback. You asked us to extend Bears Bistro hours -- they're now open 10:30am-9:00pm, Monday through Thursday and 10:30am-3:00pm on Fridays. Bears Bistro accepts student meal plans and Dining Dollars... it's the only location on campus that does!
Dining Dollars are very handy to have loaded onto your UNC Card, and we have lots of different locations that accept Dining Dollars. Check out the Retail Dining hours of operation here.
Have More Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meal Plan Options - Fall 2014 / Spring 2015
Dining Services offers a meal plan to fit any student's needs. Students living on campus choose their meal plan when they sign up for housing... it's so easy! Live off campus? We can recommend a Bear Plan just for you. Dining Dollars are great to have no matter where you live! Leave the shopping, cooking, and cleaning to us!
On Campus Meal Plans
- All students living in a residence hall are required to carry an On Campus Meal Plan throughout the academic year. (This rule does not apply if you live in the Lawrenson Apartments, the Arlington Park Apartments, the University Apartments, or in the UNC owned houses.)
- Freshmen living on-campus can choose from 4 different meal plans... so choose the one that best fits your lifestyle.
- Not sure what meal plan to choose? Check out a few tips we have for you.
- CLICK HERE to see the On Campus Meal Plan options.
Off Campus Bear Plans
- Do you live off-campus or in the Lawrenson Apartments, the Arlington Park Apartments, the University Apartments, or in the UNC owned houses? You are eligible to carry any meal plan you want, including Bear Plans.
- We recommend Bear Plans for our off campus students because you can purchase meals in small packages... add on meals as often as you want!
- Purchase Bear Plans with the online meal contract NOW (you must be a registered student to use the online contract).
- CLICK HERE to see the Off Campus Bear Plans.
- Bear Plan prices did not increase from last year... they stayed the same!
- Don't forget to add Dining Dollars to your UNC Card.
- They're so convenient to have... and you don't get charged tax for your food/beverage purchases.
- Purchase additional Dining Dollars with the online meal contract NOW (you must be a registered student to use the online contract).
Nutrition Labels Online
A healthy lifestyle is the key to looking good, feeling great, and being the best you can be at work and at play. A healthy eating plan helps you get the most out of life. (We also have a Registered Dietitian on staff, so let us know if you’d like to schedule and appointment with him!)
We are working on a brand new option our customers to be able to see the nutritional value of our recipes... hopefully soon!! Until then, you can see nutritional labels for The DASH and other stations here.
See the colorful quick tip listed above? Miss the ones we did previously? No worries... they're also listed here.
Like Us On Facebook
UNC Dining Services has a Facebook page, so please like us! We will be posting information about yummy menu items, upcoming events and special dinners, special hours for Thanksgiving Break, etc. We might even ask for your help... and you could win prizes! Retail Dining has a Facebook page, and UNC Catering does too! You should like all 3 pages!
Can't find what you're looking for? Have more questions? No problem... contact Dining Services at (970) 351-2652, email us at email@example.com, or stop by Tobey-Kendel Hall (room 120) and ask us in person!