Editing a Profile Page
Web authors can edit and maintain Profile pages if they choose or Faculty and staff members can update their own page only.
As a web author, you will need to complete the following steps to set up the initial Page for the Faculty/Staff member to update:
- Create and publish a New Profile Page
- Email the generated Omnidev URL to the Faculty/Staff member who will be editing their Profile Page
The Faculty/Staff member will need to complete the following steps to edit their Profile Page:
- After they have received their Profile Page URL they will need to submit a Request Existing Site Access Form to get a OU Campus username and password.
- Navigate to the URL provided by Web Author in your browser and select the DirectEdit Link.
- Login to your OU Campus account
- Select green Region buttons to update editable region content
Within this mulitedit functionality you can add and/or update the following information:
- College, Contact information
- Office location and hours
- Mailing Address
- Upload vita
- Upload Image
- Toggle on/off editable regions (not required by the Provost)
- Select orange Multiedit button to update contact information, turn on/off optional
- Click Save
- Select Properties > Parameters
- Here you can edit the following profile page components:
- Title and Metadata detials
- Custom Settings
- Add additional Editable regions
- Dynamic Profile Listing Options (show in profile list, add link profile list, altnerate link, profile group, sort value and additional text)
- Turn on/off Sidebar content
- Click Save
- Click green Publish or Submit button once you have made all of your updates
- If your Page requires approval by a Web Author, he or she will publish the final Page for you after they have approved the content.
- Page Template Details
- Creating Pages
- Editing Pages
- Working with Files
- Publishing Files
- Page Parameters
- Banner Images
- Profile Pages
The Office of Web Communications offers OU Campus support via the OU Campus dashboard. Use the Request Help gadget to open a support ticket.