To ensure a consistent presentation of our faculty's expertise and contact information, a New Profile Page template is available in OU Campus.
This template includes contact information and editable content regions for Faculty
bios. The headings are standard on all Faculty Pages and are required by the Provost
Office. Profile Pages can also be configured to fit a staff profile, such as a page to describe what a staff member’s responsibilities
Specific Faculty Bio Information
The following regions are required by the Provosts Office for faculty members only:
- Academica/Professional Experience
- Awards and Honors
- Other Experience
- Office hours/locations and other contact information
- Each required field should list only the most recent or relevant 4-5 items (Vita is vailable for full information)
- Vita should be in PDF Format
- Do not include dates for degrees awarded.
- Credentials such as Ph.D. can be added after the last name in the same field.
- If a syllabi link is included, the syllabi should be current and used as an example of the content and expectations of a course, not as an individual class reference document.
- Video can be included only as an example of a Creative Work.
Faculty Bio Images
- The faculty image should be a professional portrait, cropped to 160X160 pixels.
- University Relations can assist in taking these photos, contact UR Photograph, Barry LaPoint, to schedule a time for a headshot.
Faculty Profile Page Example
- Page Template Details
- Creating Pages
- Editing Pages
- Working with Files
- Publishing Files
- Page Parameters
- Banner Images
- Profile Pages
The Office of Web Communications offers OU Campus support via the OU Campus dashboard. Use the Request Help gadget to open a support ticket.