Page Properties and Parameters
The Page Properties screen is where metadata and custom settings for templates are stored. Users with access to Page Properties can edit Page Parameters, create Reminders, view the Log, add RSS items, and more.
Page Parameters Control...
Title and meta data tags
- Title: Affects the name seen in the browser tab and search engine results
- Description: Create the paragraph seen in search engine results below the title
- Keywords: Used specifically for the UNC search tool to help users locate your webpage.
- Site Banner: The blue box and the banner image
- Page Heading: Shows up as the Page title in the blue area of the page
- Page Paragraph: Shows up in blue area of the web page below the page title.
- Breadcrumbs: Allows user to locate where they are within your site, and how they got there. Remember, this should be similar to the Page heading and/or title
- Rows and Columns: Impact the way your pages layout
Editing your Page Parameters
Use the Page Parameters to turn on/off certain page structures (such as columns or the sidebar) and update your webpage meta data and more!
- Navigate to the Pages list view by selecting Content > Pages from the global navigation bar.
- Select page to edit and click Properties in the page actions toolbar.
error Content must be checked out to you in order to view page parameters
- Make any necessary changes to Page Parameters and click Save.
- Page Template Details
- Creating Pages
- Editing Pages
- Working with Files
- Publishing Files
- Page Parameters
- Banner Images
- Profile Pages
The Office of Web Communications offers OU Campus support via the OU Campus dashboard. Use the Request Help gadget to open a support ticket.