Definitions of terms contained in Web Support
Official Web Page
- A University web page is one created and maintained by University academic areas,
administrative departments or sponsored groups and organizations for the purpose of
providing information regarding their programs and activities. These pages are considered
Official University pages.
- The individuals responsible for maintaining area web sites throughout the University.
- The main page of the web site, usually named index.aspx.
- Pages within a web site linked from the site's home page or another subpage.
- An instructional page is a web page used as an element in the delivery of a University
class. This may include syllabi, exercises, etc.
External Web Sites
- Web pages which exist outside of the domain of www.unco.edu.
- Content should exist in only one place on the university web site; this includes tuition
costs, catalog information and schedule of classes information. Other web pages should
link to single source information and not reproduce the content.
- Creating web pages to be usable by people with disabilities.
- The header at the top of the web page containing the logo, search and University links.
- The large image at the top of the site home page.