The quality of the University web pages has a direct effect on the image of our institution and, in many cases, these pages may be the first impression a user receives about the University of Northern Colorado. The web is a unique opportunity to showcase the University and communicate with many audiences, including current and prospective students, alumni, community members, legislators and employees.
It is therefore essential to create and maintain pages that are:
- Accurate and useful
- Consistent and easy to navigate
- Visually appealing
- Supportive of the university brand
These Web Publishing Guidelines apply to all official University pages. All pages representing a University department, service or professional organization are considered official pages.
These Guidelines are organized in the categories of:
- Templates - including a set of designs to provide a consistent look for the university and create an easier and more efficient process to build a web site that complies with best practice and university guidelines.
- Graphics - instructing users how to use the University images on web pages
- Content - describing the text and procedural guidelines for pages, including accessibility and single source document requirements.
- Technical - processes to ensure the web site will display correctly and comply with current web best practices.