About Office of Institutional Equity & Compliance
- Mission StatmentThe Office of Institutional Equity and Compliance, in collaboration with University partners, works to build and advance an inclusive academic, cultural, and social campus community that supports equitable opportunity for all.
- OIEC Values
- Uphold a transparent and equitable process that respectfully supports individual rights.
- Provide space to share experiences, seek resources, and receive support.
- Advance social justice and inclusion on campus by providing ongoing training and development for our campus community.
- Promote a culture of responsibility where active bystander engagement is encouraged and expected
- OIEC Goals
- Reduce incidents of discrimination, harassment, and sexual misconduct through education and training.
- Create and maintain a trusted reporting environment
- Respond equitably, promptly, and compassionately to all complaints of discrimination, harassment, and sexual misconduct
- Communicate effectively with the UNC community
- Equal Opportunity
Equal opportunity in employment and education is an essential priority for the University of Northern Colorado and one to which the University is deeply committed. The University of Northern Colorado is dedicated to providing an equal opportunity climate and environment free from discrimination and harassment. In accordance with established laws, the University prohibits discrimination based on race, religion, gender, age, national origin, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military service, or political affiliation for all employees in all aspects of employment and for students in academic programs and activities.