New Project Program
The New Project Program (NPP) provides grants to UNC faculty members for the startup of new research and creative projects. Preference will be given to initial or pilot work intended to result in external funding to support continuation and expansion of the research.
On-going work will not be considered for NPP funding.
Proposal Submission Deadlines
The deadline for the NPP competition for the 2021-2022 academic year has passed. Check here in late summer 2022 for the fall 2022 competion dates.
NPP Process and Guidelines
- Provost's Seed Grant
- New Project Program
- Research, Dissemination & Faculty Development
- Provost Award for Travel
- Award for Excellence in Social Science Engaged Research
- A.M. & Jo Winchester Distinguished Scholar Award
- Fund for Faculty Publications
- Per Diem Pilot Funding
Carter Hall 2008
8 a.m.–5 p.m. Mountain time
General Funding Priorities
Proposal Evaluation will give particular consideration to proposals that address the following priority areas:
- promote long-lasting scholarly, professional or artistic development of UNC faculty members
- develop and write proposals for externally funded fellowships, grants and contracts
- use technology and other strategies in pedagogy such as enhancement/enrichment pedagogy
- assist faculty to intern with industry, government or service agencies, institutes or foundations
- encourage UNC students' professional involvement or civic engagement through community-based projects
- contribute to UNC's mission to internationalize and enhance overall academic experience of students and faculty by increasing the faculty's exposure to international experiences