Courses repeated under this policy may not be eligible for financial aid. For more information, contact Financial Aid at (970) 351-4862.
Grade Replacement will not happen automatically; you must complete a Grade Replacement Application.
- Applications will not be accepted until you are registered for the course being repeated.
- Applications must be submitted by the drop deadline of the course being repeated.
- You will be notified through your Bearmail account once your application has been approved or denied.
- If a Grade Replacement Application is denied for any reason, students must subsequently re-submit a new Grade Replacement Application once the respective denial issue is resolved.
- The grade of the original course will not be removed from the GPA calculation until after the new grade has been submitted at the end of the term, which is also when your academic standing will be updated.
Completed applications must be submitted through the online application form before midnight of the drop deadline.
If you plan to transfer to another academic institution or apply to graduate school, be aware that other institutions may include all grades in the calculation of your GPA for admission to their institution.
If you are receiving financial aid, please be aware of the Standards of Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy is separate from the Grade Replacement Policy. Changes in your cumulative GPA and/or deficient hours due to Grade Replacement will not be taken into account in your financial suspension appeal until you have completed the course. If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at (970) 351-4862.
Independent Study (Correspondence) Courses retaken for grade replacement must meet registration, drop and course completion deadlines for the semester the course is repeated.