New Faculty Orientation & Resources
As part of the university's welcome to new faculty, the Office of the Provost hosts an annual New Faculty Orientation every August. The 2018 orientation will be held Monday, August 13th and Tuesday, August 14th. The event is designed to introduce you to important information and resources as you start your career at UNC. You will also have the opportunity to meet other new faculty as well as senior faculty and campus administrators.
New Faculty Orientation
2018 New Faculty Orientation Agendas
Monday, August 13th | Tuesday, August 14th
2018 New Faculty Resource Guide
New Faculty Preliminary Checklist
• Confirm with your college administrative assistant that your firstname.lastname@example.org email has been established.
• Once you have your email@example.com email, you can
activate your account to provide access to various
technology platforms you will need at UNC.
• Verify your UNC Bear Number.
• Collect your UNC ID Card at the Card Office.
• If you plan to park in the UNC parking lots,
purchase a UNC parking pass through URSA
(you will need your firstname.lastname@example.org login).
• Ask your college administrative assistant to request
office and building keys.
• Review FERPA information and training materials.
Resources & Links
- Directory of Colleges and University Offices
- Campus Calendar of Events | University Calendars
- College of Performing and Visual Arts Calendar of Events
- Athletic Events
- Human Resources
- Campus Safety
- Campus Commons
- University District