Dear students, faculty, and staff,
I hope that you are well despite the winter weather that created icy conditions throughout the region.
Thank you all for adapting as we suspended in-person classes yesterday and this morning to keep everyone as safe as possible.
On top of the winter weather, we of course continue to navigate the high local case rates of Covid-19. I encourage everyone to please put health and safety first. Specifically:
- Faculty should continue to accommodate students impacted by Covid-19, including students in mandatory quarantine or isolation due to exposure or positive diagnosis. Posting course materials (e.g., lectures, course recordings, assignments, etc.) on Canvas and providing opportunities for make-up assignments when warranted are two of the most equitable ways to assist students impacted by Covid-19.
- Students, faculty, and staff who are exposed to someone with Covid-19, experiencing symptoms of Covid-19 or test positive for Covid-19 need to submit a Covid-19 report form and follow all relevant health guidance.
- Students who need additional support or have questions or concerns should contact the Dean of Students: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Everyone must wear masks in all public spaces on campus. Masks must cover your nose and mouth.
- Boosters are required by February 7, 2022, for all eligible faculty, staff, and students (or within one month of eligibility if the eligibility date is later than February 7). The same allowances for an exemption to the policy for medical or non-medical reasons still apply. Click here for more information on UNC’s vaccine requirements.
Thank you for the efforts you are making every day in service to our incredible educational community at UNC. Together we can keep our community as healthy and safe as possible. For more information and updated FAQs, see UNC’s Covid-19 site.
Lisa Vollendorf, Ph.D.
University of Northern Colorado