Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
Clinical Expertise, Career Rewards
This practice-focused doctorate enables nurses to cultivate high-level clinical expertise and reach the top of the profession. Delivered mostly online to provide flexibility with your work schedule, our Adult-Gerontology Acute Care B.S.N.-D.N.P. program empowers you to influence health care delivery at the individual and population level.
You’ll develop advanced clinical knowledge that prepares you to manage acutely and critically ill patients from adolescence through later in life. The program includes hands-on practicum experience plus two intensive on-campus sessions at UNC’s campus in Greeley, Colorado. Upon graduation, you’ll be eligible to apply for national and state APRN credentials.
B.S.N.-D.N.P. with Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Focus
The AGACNP doctoral program is open to registered nurses with a bachelor of science in nursing. You may have the option of working while in the program due to the online delivery format most of the year. Students attend two mandatory, intensive summer sessions on UNC's Greeley campus. UNC’s program fulfills the requirements for nurse practitioner education set forth by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing and the National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties. Allow five years to complete the program.
Today's nurses must constantly master new knowledge, skills, and competencies. At the same time, the aging of America's population has created greater demand for advanced nursing skill than ever before. The B.S.N. - D.N.P degree with Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner focus from UNC prepares you to address major challenges in health care and nursing. Upon graduation and successful completion of a national certification exam, you'll have the skills, qualifications and credentials to participate in advanced care-giving, policy formulation, research, education and organizational leadership.
Consider UNC’s B.S.N.-D.N.P. AGACNP program if you want to:
- Attain leadership roles in nursing
- Achieve excellence in health care
- Interact with diverse populations
- Earn a terminal degree in nursing
- Earn an Advanced Practice Nurse credential
- Be eligible to practice as an APRN
- Critical thinking and effective communication
- Policy expertise
- Community and organizational leadership
- Management and treatment of illnesses related to aging and acute illness
- Collaboration with multidisciplinary teams
- Research- and evidence-based practice
- Design, methods and analysis in health care research
- Adult Gerontology Acute Care
- AGACNP Practicum
- Professional Practice and health care finance seminar
Ready for what's next? Here's what you need to know.
If there's anything else we can do, be sure to connect with us. We're only a shout away.