Career-Building Experience and Mentorship
Prepare to enter public or private accounting and sit for the CPA exam with UNC’s Master of Accounting (M.Acc.) program. This program satisfies the 150-hour requirement for licensing as a CPA in Colorado and most other states. Our graduates enjoy an exceptional job placement rate and find opportunities with public accounting firms, corporations, and government and not-for-profit organizations.
- Earn your Master of Accounting degree in an AACSB International accredited program, a certification of excellence in accounting and business education that less than five percent of business schools in the world have achieved.
- Benefit from a student-focused educational experience at the first and only business college to earn the prestigious Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award from the Office of the President of the United States.
- Apply your learning in real-world settings with paid internship opportunities and service learning activities that include consulting with not-for-profit businesses in the local community.
- Work in small classes alongside award-winning faculty comprised of experienced accounting professionals, most of whom serve on boards of major professional and industry organizations.
"UNC has a dedicated staff that helped me find the right place to start my career in accounting. The staff interacts with recruiters, sponsors career fairs, and creates independent studies to give students opportunities to advance their careers. While attending UNC, I had the opportunity to co-author two published tax articles. I am now an Assurance In-charge working for a Denver public accounting firm and the UNC lead campus recruiter, which gives me the opportunity to come back and interact with all the amazing staff. I would highly recommend the UNC M.Acc. program to anyone looking to further their education and meet the requirements for the CPA exam."
- Stephanie Daniels, CPA
Experience to prepare you for successful careers
Our students apply what they learn in the classroom via part-time job and internship opportunities with prestigious firms including EKS&H, Deloitte & Touche, Anton Collins Mitchell (ACM), and Price WaterhouseCoopers, among many others.
MAcc of Accounting
The MAcc degree requires that students complete 30 credit hours and complete a written examination.
Take the next step! Explore courses, contact information and admission requirements.
A master’s degree in accounting will position you for a wider range of career opportunities and quicker advancement. Our program also increases your future mobility by providing an education that is substantially equivalent to the educational requirements of other states.
Consider UNC’s MAcc if you:
- Want to pursue a career in public, private or government accounting
- Enjoy working in small classes with close mentorship by professors
- Are looking for ways to contribute to your community through service learning
- Applied accounting research
- Financial reporting and auditing
- Accounting ethics and the law
- Advanced communication and problem-solving skills
- Professional Accounting Research, Communication and Ethics
- Contemporary Issues in Auditing Topics
- Advanced Financial Management
- Professional Accounting Internship
- Business Law
- Governmental and Institutional Accounting
Janel Greiman, CPA
Associate Professor of Accounting
A Colorado native with roots in farming and ranching, Professor Greiman teaches tax at the undergraduate level as well as in the Master of Accountancy program. She is a CPA in Colorado with recent experience practicing in taxation, and is a Member of the AICPA, the CSCPA, the Council of Petroleum Accounts Society and the American Accounting Association. Her research includes recent publications in Practical Tax Strategies, American Journal of Business Education, and The Journal of Multistate Taxation, as well as content published to aide in studying for the CPA exam. Professor Greiman is a champion for students, with emphases in working with the individual needs of student veterans and first-generation college students.
Beyond the Classroom
On average, about 98 percent of our accounting graduates are successfully employed within six months of graduation. Most of our faculty are active in both state and national professional accounting organizations, and know the firms and the people who hire accountants. We also offer a variety of opportunities to connect with various area business leaders.
According to a recent survey from the Graduate Management Admission Council, more employers are planning to hire graduates with a Master of Accounting degree. There are a number of career tracks you can pursue with public or private firms:
- Tax research
- Systems analysis and design
Ready for what's next? Here's what you need to know.
If there's anything else we can do, be sure to connect with us. We're only a shout away.