Parent Orientation Sample Schedule - First-Year Orientations in the Summer
This is a tentative schedule and subject to change. The final schedule with details will be given to participants at check-in.
There are two check-in times and locations:
7:45 - 8:15 a.m. in Wiebking Hall (University Center if attending in August) - For students and family members participating in the I'm First Workshop.
9:15 - 10:15 a.m. in Wiebking Hall (University Center if attending in August) - For students and family members not participating in the I'm First Workshop.
Note: Pre-registered support people: You will check in for Parent Orientation with your student.
Day 1, 7:45 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- 8:30 a.m. - I'm First Workshop
- 10:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. - University Welcome, Parent Crossroads (Expectations and how life may look for the student), Buffet Lunch and Family Forum, Supporting Your Student Bear Style, Safety & Dean of Students, Paying for College, Community of Bears Introduction
- 4 - 5:30 p.m. - Taking Care of Business - Explore campus, visit offices, check in to accommodations
- 4:45 p.m. - Optional Housing Tour (Not available if attending in August)
- 5:30 p.m. - Dinner
Note: Your student will have other sessions happening after dinner.
Day 2, 7 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- 7 - 8 a.m. - Breakfast
- 8:15 a.m. - 4 p.m. - Day Two Welcome, Breakout Sessions, Bear Essentials, Introduction to Academics (Learning about graduation requirements like the Liberal Arts Core), Lunch and University Fair, Living & Dining at UNC, Welcome to the Sleuth (OL's transitional experiences, writing a letter to student)
- 4 p.m. - Optional Campus Tour
Note: Your student's end time may vary because it will depend on the length of time it takes them to register for classes.
Tip: If you need to make any campus appointments, please schedule after 4 p.m. on Day Two of your session.