First-Year Students Entering in the Spring
Welcome new incoming students! We are excited to have you join the UNC Bear community!
The one-day in person Orientation is required for all First-Year (new first-time to college) students. Once logged into the orientation system, you will complete Pre-Orientation prior to selecting an orientation date to make a reservation for.
Orientation date availability is based on the student’s major and to which college it belongs.
First-Year Students Entering Spring 2020:
Our orientation reservation system is now open. You may start completing Online Orientation and make your reservation to attend in-person Orientation.
Colleges and their Abbreviations:
- Education and Behavioral Sciences = EBS
- Humanities and Social Sciences = HSS
- Monfort College of Business = MCB
- Natural and Health Sciences = NHS
- Performing and Visual Arts = PVA
- University College = UC
Orientation Dates for Spring 2020 Entering Students:
To view the current and most accurate sessions available, please log in to the orientation system. The orientation system updates live. The dates listed below are for reference only.
November 25, 2019
January 10, 2020
Note: This is a tentative schedule and subject to change. The final schedule with details will be given to participants at check-in.
10 - 10:30 a.m.
Check-In in the University Center
- Check-in is on the 2nd floor around the fireplace.
- Pick up check-in materials (schedule, handouts, name tag, meal tickets, advising materials, etc).
10:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- First-Year Essentials - Learn the Liberal Arts Core, graduation requirements, and review the online resources available.
- Lunch & University Welcome - Get to know other incoming students (new first-time and transfer) as well as current students a small-group setting.
- University Fair - An opportunity to meet with campus departments that may be important to the holistic UNC experience.
- Advising and Registration. The end time is dependent on individual registration time.
Note: Parents and support people will be able to hear information about UNC's Liberal Arts Core, the online catalog, and get any lingering questions answered while you are being advised.
- Optional campus tours by Admissions Ambassadors.
- There will be multiple opportunities to get picture taken for your UNC ID at the UNC card office.
- All students and registered parents will receive a lunch ticket.
- If you need to make any campus appointments, please schedule after 3:30 p.m.
If you are attending the session on January 4th, you have the opportunity to move in early. The front desks of the residence halls will allow Orientation students to move in on Thursday, January 3rd after 1 p.m. Students wishing to move in early will need to fill out the Early Arrival Sign-Up form*--students who do not fill out this form will not be approved to move in early. If your travel plans do not allow you to arrive on January 9th, please contact the Housing and Residential Education Office at (970) 351-2721 before December 21st.
*Please note that the sign-up form for will be closed December 21st-January 1st in observance of university holidays.