Jump to main content

Checklist for First-Year Students Entering Summer or Fall

Need to find out what you should send before orientation, what to expect, and what to bring? Look no further! Use the individual tabs on this webpage to navigate to the specific information you are trying to find.

1. Send in Your Transcripts

High School Transcripts

  • The final transcript you submit must have your graduation date listed.
  • You will need to request your final High School Transcript from your High School Counselor. Your counselor can send your transcript through Naviance or to:

UNC Office of Admissions
Campus Box 10
Greeley, CO 80639

Note: Official Final High School Transcripts CANNOT be sent via email or they will not be official.

Dual Credit, Concurrent Enrollment or CU Succeed Transcripts

  • Your Official Transcripts need to be mailed, e-mailed or electronically submitted directly from the institution (e-mail from the student and fax is not acceptable). You also have the option to bring in a transcript if it is in a sealed envelope from the institution. Remember to submit transcripts via email to admissions@unco.edu or mail them to the Office of Admissions:

UNC Office of Admissions
Campus Box 10
Greeley, CO 80639

Note: The Transfer Guide may also be of assistance if you have community college credit.

2. Send in Your Test Scores

SAT/ACT Test Scores

  • UNC will accept scores from high school transcripts or you can request them at ACT.org with ACT code 0502 or collegeboard.org with SAT code 4074

Advanced Placement (AP) and/or International Baccalaureate (IB) Test Scores

  • Most AP and/or IB scores come directly from College Board and International Baccalaureate.  If you did not list the University of Northern Colorado as a school or choice or are not sure if you did, you may contact College Board or IB and request they send the scores to UNC.
  • Scores are sent to the Office of Admissions:

UNC Office of Admissions
Campus Box 10
Greeley, CO 80639

Note: The ACT/SAT/AP/IB/CLEP/Military Credit webpage has more information on how AP/IB credits and course are awarded based on scores.

3. Update Your Medical Information

Send in your Immunization Documents

  • Send immunization documents to the Student Health Center prior to your orientation. If that is not possible, bring documentation to Orientation. Read more information about immunizations.

Get the Meningitis Vaccine

  • If you are in need of a meningitis vaccination, you may contact your medical provider or UNC's Student Health Services to learn more information. If it has been 3 or more years since your last Meningitis vaccine, the CDC recommends a booster.
  • The UNC Student Health Center will have a limited amount of meningitis vaccine shots available at the end of First-Year Orientation. It will be a service offered on a first-come, first-serve basis until the supply runs out.

Complete the Health Insurance Waiver (if applicable)

  • If you would like to waive the UNC insurance, you must show proof of insurance and submit an online waiver to the Student Health Center. Read more information about the UNC health insurance.