Admission Requirements and Application Process
The Department of Nutrition and Dietetics will screen applicants via the Dietetic Internship Centralized Application Service (DICAS). To apply, follow the instructions below. After you receive notification on April 5, 2020, that you matched with our program, you may apply to the UNC Graduate School per Step 4 below.
Each applicant must:
Step 1: Apply to DICAS - the Dietetic Internship Centralized Application Service
- DICAS opens December 5, 2019.
- The online application must be completed for our program by 11:59 pm on February 15, 2020.
- The fee to use DICAS is $45 for the first application submitted and $20 for each additional application.
- A Declaration of Intent or Verification Statement from an ACEND-accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics is required.
- The personal statement should include research interest areas for the capstone, potential in graduate program and experience with online learning, in addition to the standard DICAS questions.
- Letters of recommendation should be from three individuals familiar with your academic/employment performance. Two faculty members and one employer/volunteer coordinator are recommended.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores are required.
- If you have technical concerns with your application, please contact DICAS.
Step 2: Register on D&D Digital
- Register online for computer matching. You will be asked to provide a ranking of dietetic internships for which you wish to apply. If you do not complete this step, you will not be eligible for the program.
- The fee to register with D&D Digital is $55.
Step 3: Mail a non-refundable $50 Application Screening Fee
- Make check payable to the University of Northern Colorado (cash will not be accepted).
- The application screening fee must be received by February 15, 2020.
- Send your application fee to:
University of Northern Colorado
Department of Nutrition and Dietetics
Attn: Janice Riegel
Gunter 2280, Campus Box 93
Greeley, CO 80639
- You may be asked to participate in a telephone interview. If you are not requested to participate, this does not mean that your application is not being considered.
- During the application screening process, your application documents are reviewed and a numerical score calculated by members of the review committee is used to rank applications. An objective spreadsheet is used to calculate the points each applicant has earned during the review process.
- Please note: For the MS in Dietetics with Dietetic Internship, you are not required to submit the Preceptor Form, Facility Form, and Rotation Summary Form. These will be due during the first year of the program once accepted.
Step 4: Apply to UNC Graduate School after Internship Match
Step 5: Request Transcripts
Please note: Graduate courses to be considered for transfer and those taken at UNC must be taken within five calendar years of graduating from the MS in Dietetics with Dietetic Internship program.
Step 6: Submit GRE Scores
- Admission Requirements and Application Process
- Capstone Requirement
- Catalog Description
- Course Sequence - Cohorts 1,2,3
- Course Sequence - Cohort 4
- Dietetic Internship Year
- Mission, Goals & Objectives
- Program Costs & Financial Aid