Application Process and Admission Requirements
Step One: Apply to DICAS - the Dietetic Internship Centralized Application Service
- DICAS opens December 16, 2018.
- The online application must be completed for our program by 11:59 pm on February 15, 2019.
- The fee to use DICAS is $45 for the first application submitted and $20 for each additional application.
- A Declaration of Intent or Verification Statement from an ACEND-accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics is required.
- The personal statement should include research interest areas for the capstone, potential in graduate program and experience with online learning, in addition to the standard DICAS questions.
- Letters of recommendation should be from three individuals familiar with your academic/employment performance. Two faculty members and one employer/volunteer coordinator are recommended.
- If you have technical concerns with your application, please contact DICAS.
Step Two: Register on D&D Digital
- Register online for computer matching. You will be asked to provide a ranking of dietetic internships for which you wish to apply. If you do not complete this step, you will not be eligible for the program.
- The fee to register with D&D Digital is $55.
Step Three: Mail a non-refundable $50 Application Screening Fee
- Make check payable to the University of Northern Colorado (cash will not be accepted).
- The application screening fee must be received by February 15, 2019.
- Send your application fee to:
University of Northern Colorado
Department of Nutrition and Dietetics
Attn: Janice Riegel
Gunter 2280, Campus Box 93
Greeley, CO 80639
- You may be asked to participate in a telephone interview. If you are not requested to participate, this does not mean that your application is not being considered.
- During the application screening process, your application documents are reviewed and a numerical score calculated by members of the review committee is used to rank applications. An objective spreadsheet is used to calculate the points each applicant has earned during the review process.
- Please note: For the MS in Dietetics with Dietetic Internship, you are not required to submit the Preceptor Form, Facility Form, and Rotation Summary Form. These will be due during the first year of the program once accepted.
Step Four: Apply to UNC Graduate School after Internship Match
- Once matched into the UNC MS Dietetics with Dietetic Internship through D&D Digital, you have 10 business days (by 5:00 pm MST) to apply to the UNC Graduate School.
- Complete the online application and pay the $50 application fee.
- Request one official transcript from all accredited colleges or universities attended
since completing high school. UNC alumni do not need to submit UNC transcripts. Transcripts must be official and can be sent electronically through a password
secured digital program to firstname.lastname@example.org. UNC does not accept emailed, scanned or PDF transcripts sent from the applicant.
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university is required for graduate admission.
- A grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale and grades of "C" or better in all didactic dietetics courses are required.
- Please note: Graduate courses taken at another institution or at UNC must be taken within five calendar years of graduating from the MS in Dietetics with Dietetic Internship program.
- Request official GRE scores from the Educational Testing Service that are less than
five years old. The institutional code for UNC is 4074.
- Minimum GRE scores:
- 140 quantitative
- 146 verbal reasoning
- Combined score of at least 297
- Analytical writing 3.5
- Minimum GRE scores:
- For more information about the UNC Graduate School admission process, please email the Graduate School or call 970-351-2831.
Admission to the UNC Graduate School does not guarantee admission to the MS in Dietetics with Dietetic Internship Program.