Pre-Nursing Group Advising
Posted on behalf of MARION DEUTSCH
During “peak advising time” for registration (normally October 1-November 15 & March 1-April 15) advising will occur in groups of up to 10 people. Advising is available for individual appointments year-round, with the exception during those "peak advising time." During these times, students will need to to sign up for a Group Advising appointment so that the student can come in to receive your PIN number and ensure that they are on course for registration.
Students will need to plan on meeting for the full appointment time posted as there is a lot of information to cover. Group Advising Sessions may run over their scheduled end times so please do not sign up for a time if you have another scheduled meeting or class immediately following the advising session (give yourself a little bit of a time cushion).
HOW TO SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT:
Current Pre-Nursing students will receive an email with a link to schedule their Group Advising appointment.
When you go into the link to schedule your appointment time, times will only appear that will work with your class schedule. (For instance, if the PowerPoint presentation indicates that there’s an appointment time available on Monday at 11:00 am, and you have a class during that time, you will not be presented with that option).
The other important issue to note is that you will not have the ability at this time to cancel or change your appointment once you’ve scheduled it so please make sure that you choose your time wisely, and mark it down in your planner! Also, please note that I am unable to work around individual work schedules so you will want to plan accordingly.
- For student athletes and other early registrants (CHE, etc), I recommend that you attend one of the first sessions offered.
- These are just recommendations and if you need to attend a date that isn't in your "recommended dates" you are certainly welcome to sign up for whatever session works best with your schedule.
- You will find the dates and times for the Group Advising Appointments at the end of the PowerPoint presentation which will be sent via email.
- Please don't wait until the last minute…sometimes emergencies happen and an advising session has to be canceled and re-scheduled.
- We require that all Pre-Nursing students to go through the attached Advising PowerPoint presentation (that will be emailed to you), bring a copy of their unofficial transcript, fill out an LAC checklist, check for holds, and bring a completed copy of the Pre-Nursing Course Plan & Advising Worksheet with them. You can locate a copy of the LAC checklist at: http://www.unco.edu/registrar/current-students/lac.aspx
- We also encourage you to be an active participant in your academic progress and it is a great idea to check your degree evaluation in Degree Works to see what areas of your LACs might still be needed!
- ALL of the directions for what you need to do for the advising appointment are included in the PowerPoint presentation – it’s a lot of information and it should take care of many of your questions in advance.
- If a student schedules a Group Advising appointment and does not arrive to the appointment on time and with the required paperwork (transcripts, completed Pre-Nursing Course Plan & Advising Worksheet, and completed LAC checklist), they will be required to reschedule the appointment.
- The University Calendar can be found on the Registrar's Website at: http://www.unco.edu/registrar/calendars/
- For a list of registration dates, please go to: http://www.unco.edu/registrar/registration/
- Please note that the Individual Course Withdrawal deadlines for each semester or summer session vary
- Courses that do not meet the entire semester have their own add/drop/withdrawal deadlines (please see the short-course calendar on the Registrar’s website for course specific deadlines)