2020 BSN Applications: Traditional and 2nd Degree
Thank you for considering the University of Northern Colorado's BSN program. Below is the information you'll need to complete the application process.
There are two tracks for obtaining a BSN.
BSN - Traditional: A full-time, on-campus baccalaureate in nursing program for individuals who do not currently have a bachelor's degree.
BSN - 2nd Degree: A full-time, on-campus baccalaureate in nursing program for individuals who have already earned a bachelor's degree in another field.
Application to the School of Nursing:
- Applications must be submitted through NursingCAS.
- The University of Northern Colorado (UNC) School of Nursing is processing applications through NursingCAS, the centralized application service for nursing. Visit www.nursingcas.org to start application or log into your existing account. Visit the Add Program page to select our nursing program and complete the steps to fill out and submit your application. Many resources are available to help you complete your application, including the applicant help center. You can also contact NursingCAS support with questions.
- You cannot apply to the School of Nursing BSN program without first completion of admission to UNC and you have a bear number/BearMail to upload into NursingCAS.
- DUE DATE for submission of the completed School of Nursing application and ALL MATERIALS is Friday, February 7th, 2020 by 5pm Mountain Time (MT).
- You may submit your application any time before the due date once:
- all your materials are uploaded,
- the application is complete, and
- all Fall 2019/Interim 2019-2020 course grades are in.
- No requests for an application extension will be granted.
- Repeat applicants must submit all required documents.
All details of how to submit your application and materials are included in the instructions. So, please read the instructions carefully! If you have questions and are local, please attend one of the Application Meetings.
- BSN Program Application Instructions (2019-2020)
- NOTE: The HESI exam window has been extended to Friday, February 7th, 2020.
- BSN Program Application Screening Criteria and Selection Process (2019-2020)
- Application Meeting Information
- Thursday, November 14th, 4-5pm
- Wednesday, November 20th, 1:30-2:30pm
- Tuesday, December 3rd, 5-6pm
- Application Checklist:
- HESI Information: