Recap: Twitter Chat on Using Research Methods for Better Understanding
March 4, 2020
On Wednesday, March 4, University of Northern Colorado Assistant Professor Will Merchant, Ph.D., participated in a UNC Twitter chat on the topic of using research methods to better understand everyday issues.
Merchant asked users a total of five questions relating to the topic while using the discoverable hashtag, #UNCBearsChat:
- How do you usually go about solving a question or problem that you see in the world?
- How do you use research or research methods in your daily life?
- What do you think is the most important part of exploring a question that you want to answer?
- How much detail do you think is important when communicating an idea to someone?
- Have you ever used knowledge or experience from one discipline to understand another one?
This was the second Twitter chat that UNC co-hosted, which resulted in the following engagement metrics:
- 74 total Tweets with the hashtag, #UNCBearsChat
- Almost 22,286 interactions with #UNCBearsChat
- Nine Twitter users participated in the chat
- Around 243,635 users viewed at least one Tweet with the hashtag, #UNCBearsChat