Recap: Twitter Chat on Game-Based Learning
February 13, 2020
Farber, an expert and proponent of gamification, asked users a total of six questions relating to the topic while using the discoverable hashtag, #UNCBearsChat:
- Escape rooms are used in some classrooms. Please share innovative ways games can be used to teach.
- Game designer Sid Meier once defined games as "a series of interesting choices." How can courses provide meaningful choices like games?
- Minecraft: Education Edition and Fortnite both have Creative Modes. How do you teach and learn in Creative Mode?
- Play occurs within the constraints of games. How do you see digital play driving learning?
- What are ways that games can promote inclusiveness and social emotional well-being?
What are ways that games can boost empathy and perspective-taking?
This was the first Twitter chat that UNC co-hosted, which resulted in the following engagement metrics:
- 100 total Tweets with the hashtag, #UNCBearsChat
- Almost 600,000 interactions with #UNCBearsChat
- 30 Twitter users participated in the chat
- Around 119,000 users viewed at least one Tweet with the hashtag, #UNCBearsChat
- Users from five countries including the U.S., Canada, Spain, Japan and Australia