Now that you have access to your Financial Aid Award Letter you will have the option to accept or decline the loan(s) offered. If you already accepted the loan(s) through your Ursa account you may have more requirements to complete.
Complete the following steps after you have accepted your loans through your Ursa account:
- Sign unto www.StudentLoans.gov using your FSA ID.
- Complete Entrance Counseling
- Complete the Master Promissory Note
If you accepted a Parent PLUS loan:
- A parent will need to log into the www.StudentLoans.gov using their personal FSA ID
- Click the "Apply for a Directed PLUS Loan (credit check)
- Once you fill out the credit check, sumbit. If the credit check was approved for the loan you will be able to proceed to the next step.
- Complete the Loan Agreement Master Promissory Note
- Sign Promissory note if you are applicable
Loans take about three weeks to process into UNC's system. Remember to plan ahead! If you have any questions or would like more information visit us at Bear Central located in the Campus Commons or visit our website.