The preliminary award letter provides an estimate of the financial aid that you are eligible for. Your award will be over the information you and your family provided when completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). On your award letter, you may receive the following types of financial aid:
- Grants and Scholarships: Do not have to be repaid, some scholarships may have additional requirements.
- Work-study: Part-time employment
- Student Loans:Must be repaid, loans can be government subsidized and unsubsidized.
To review your preliminary award letter:
- Log into your Ursa account.
- Click on the "Financial" tab to access your Financial Aid Award Letter and All Requirements.
- Under Financial Aid click on the link “View/Accept Award Offer”.
- Select the academic year and submit.
- If you haven’t already you will need to click on the third tab that says, “Terms and Certification Conditions” and accept them. **You are ONLY accepting that you have read the terms and conditions; therefore, you are NOT accepting any of your awards yet. Once you receive your Official Financial Aid Award Letter you will have access to accept or decline the award.
- Once you have clicked “Accept” the fourth tab will light up that says “Accept Award Offer”. This is where you will see exactly what you were offered.
You will be able to officially “Accept” or “Decline” your financial aid offer. After you accept an offer you may have additional requirements to complete. If you have any questions regarding your premliminary financial aid award visit us the Office of Financial Aid located in the Campus Commons.