Departments across UNC have been planning various scenarios for the fall 2020 semester and preparing for potential COVID-19 resurgence. While health and safety continue to be the number one priority for students, faculty, staff and university guests, the need to provide social engagement is also a consideration when developing a re-entry plan for students and their college dining experience.
- UNC’s Dining Services has planned options for students to continue to use their meal plans and receive
the best value. Dining will offer a full-service dining with multiple adjustments
and continued protocols in order to provide a safe and healthy dining experience.
- Meals will be offered through a carry-out service at dining locations that include
hot/cold meals, microwavable meals and pre-packed food items. This service will be
offered for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Students will be able to select take-out meals, sit and dine-in; however, seating
will be limited to 100 people per location. Additional seating will be provided outside,
as weather permits. This follows the direction provided by the State of Colorado as
of June 15.
- Dining will follow all requirements related to cleaning, sanitizing, disinfecting
and staff wearing face masks. While students are dining in and eating, they do not
need to wear their mask; however, students will need to wear their mask as they are
entering and exiting any dining location and picking up food.
- Dining will coordinate with Housing for the delivery of quarantine and self-isolation meals to those who may have contracted the virus.
UNC will re-evaluate the COVID-19 situation as the semester progresses to determine if there needs to be modifications during the winter months