Hello and welcome to our first blog post for the Center for Women's and Gender Equity Summer Book Club! We had our first book club meeting on Wednesday, June 10th from 2:30 p.m. - 3:30
p.m. via Zoom. In case you missed it, we will be reading Michelle Obama's Becoming over the summer. Our first meeting was an initial "get to know you" and an opportunity
to go over logistics and gain feedback about how the book club will look over the
coming summer months. Feedback is welcomed throughout the summer!
Our summer plan is to meet every two weeks. Within those two weeks, we will be reading approximately 6 chapters. Our next meeting will be Wednesday, June 24th from 2:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. and we will be discussing the first 6 chapters in Michelle Obama's Becoming.
The following are some of the things that we talked about during our first meeting:
- Check out our Frequently Asked Questions to see if we have an answer to your questions. If you don't see your question on
there, feel free to send us an email at email@example.com with your question and we can add it to our page
- If you don't have Becoming (don't worry because we didn't either), you can find or gain access to it in many
ways. We did a little of the work and put together a document (found on our website)
with some options.
- There are two ways to access the Zoom link to join our virtual book club meetings:
register to join our book club or email us with your interest!
- Stay involved with us in-between meetings! Check our website frequently, engage with
us on our social media platforms, and send us emails!
- Lastly, at the end of summer, we plan on hosting a Netflix Watch Party of Michelle
Obama's Becoming documentary (so get excited for that). Everyone in the campus community
is welcomed to join!
- We will also be giving away Michelle Obama's Becoming Journal! Follow us on social media for all the details
Thank you for your interest in our first book club over summer. If you have any questions, concerns, or comments, please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are excited and hope to see you all at the next meeting!