Hello and welcome back to the second blog post for the Center for Women’s and Gender Equity (CWGE) fall book club! We had our first book club meeting on Wednesday, September 2nd from 11 a.m.-12 p.m. via Zoom. In case you missed it, we will be reading I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban! Our first meeting was an initial "get to know you" and an opportunity to go over logistics and gain feedback about how the book club will look over the coming semester. Feedback is very much welcomed and sought out!
Here were some takeaways from the meeting:
- We will be reading roughly four chapters in-between meetings
- We will meet every two weeks from 11 a.m.–12 p.m.
- During meetings we will discuss the chapters and anything else that came up for you while reading (and its relevance to our current reality)
- We will provide blogs in between meetings for reference to folxs who want to join or missed a meeting
- It is never too late to join!
In preparation for our next meeting we will be reading (or listening) to chapters one through four. Our next meeting will be Wednesday, September 16th from 11 a.m.–12 p.m. via Zoom
As we continue through the semester, we will make sure to include these items in each post:
- Check out our Frequently Asked Questions webpage to see if we have an answer to any questions you may have. If you don't see your question on there, feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your question(s) and we'll add it to our webpage!
- If you don't have I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban already (don't worry because we didn't either), you can find or gain access to it
in many ways. We did a little of the work and put together a document with some options.
There are several ways to access the Zoom link to join our virtual book club meetings. Email us at email@example.com with your interest, or register through our website!
Thank you for your interest in our Fall 2020 book club! If you have any questions, concerns, or comments, please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are excited and hope to see you all at the next meeting!
Stay involved with us in-between meetings!