Available Software - Remote Users
Below is the listing of software available either through UNC or through outside vendors opening their licensing requirements and costs during the COVID-19 pandemic.
UNC Software Faculty/Students Accessible Remotely
- Microsoft Office365 Products
Simply go to the portal and log in with your UNC email/password. Access online or download specific programs from the online portal.
- Outlook (email)
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Stream (video storage & sharing)
- Faculty, staff, and students have access to hold meetings & record without time limits in Teams.
- +More apps
- Adobe Products
- Zoom Basic is free for all UNC Faculty, Staff, and Students
- Zoom Pro - limited licensing (only available to faculty)
Program Free to Download
These programs can be found online and can be downloaded for educational use freely.
- American Association of School Librarians List of Resources
*Note: many of these are free, and others are priced for educators
- Github Desktop
- MySQL Community
- R Studio
- Unity 3D
Programs Running with a Free, Limited Trial
These programs are running extended trials for faculty/student use.