- Bear Print on the Web
How to use the Bear Print website to upload files to be printed.
Use these instructions to upload documents to Bear Print from a web browser, which can then be printed at any time within within 48 hours from any Bear Print release station on campus.
- Go to bearprint.unco.edu
- Login with you PDID and password
- Once logged into your account, you can upload new documents or view/edit/delete any document that is waiting in your release queue
- From this page you will not be able to directly print however you may view costs, preview print jobs, and edit print settings
- Swipe your ID at any Bear Print Copier to release your documents
- Bear Print via Email
How to upload documents to Bear Print to be printed later.
Use these instructions to upload documents to Bear Print via email, which can then be printed at any time within within 48 hours from any Bear Print release station on campus.
How to Upload via Email
Simply send an email with the document attached to one of the following email addresses. Print job attributes can be changed at any time by logging into bearprint.unco.edu.
- Print with auto settings: email@example.com
- Print in black/white only: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Print in color: email@example.com
Supported document formats
.bmp| .cfg| .csv| .doc| .docx| .dot| .eml| .gif| .ini| .jpeg| .jpg| .mht| .odp| .ods| .odt| .pdf| .png| .pot| .potx| .pps| .ppsx| .ppt| .pptm| .pptx| .rtf| .tif| .tiff| .txt| .vdw| .vdx| .vsd| .vsdm| .vsdx| .vss| .vssm| .vssx| .vst| .vstm| .vstx| .vsx| .vtx| .xls| .xlsm| .xlsx| .xlt| .xltm| .xltx|
Registering an Email Address
- The first time you send a message from any email address, you will get a reply message asking you to register that address to your Bear Print account
- Click the link in the email and enter your UNC credentials. This email address will now be registered to your Bear Print account. You may register as many email addresses as you'd like
- Once your email address has been registered, you may send emails to firstname.lastname@example.org with your document attached and it will be automatically uploaded to your Bear Print queue. You will receive an email confirmation as well
- All of your queued jobs will be waiting for your release at any release station on campus
- Bear Print Refunds for Students
To request a Bear Print refund for jobs that did not print correctly or not at all, please do the following:
- Go to support.unco.edu
- Login with your UNC email and password
- In the keyword search enter "print refund"
- On the right, select More Info next to Bear Print Refund Request
- Select New Request and fill out the required information
Note: All print credit sales are final. You will not receive a refund for any unused credits regardless if you drop out of classes or graduate.
- Bear Print Credits for Students and Printing Costs
Students will receive a free print credit of $8.00 per academic year. Bear Print account credits that have been purchased by the user will carry over from year to year. Once you have diminished your free print credit, value must be added to your Bear Print account on a pre-paid basis in order to print further pages. All print credit sales are final. You will not receive a refund of any unused credits regardless if you drop out of classes or graduate.
- $0.08 for black & white, single-sided pages
- $0.12 for black & white, double-sided pages
- $0.45 for color, single-sided pages
- $0.65 for color, double-sided pages
How to check your balance and/or add funds to your account
- Log into our Ursa website
- Click the Financial tab, then click the Add Money To Your Printing Account link under the Billing section
- Choose which account you want to view
- Your current balance will be displayed by default
- To add money to your account, click Add Funds, choose an amount and payment type, then click the Purchase button
- You can also use the links on the left or top of the page to view pricing, switch between student/employee accounts, and get help
- Bear Print on Mobile Devices
Use these instructions to upload documents to Bear Print from the mobile app, which can then be printed at any time within 48 hours from any Bear Print release station on campus.
- Download the Pharos Print app on your device
- Open the Pharos Print app
- Enter the server address and port, then tap Connect
- Server: bearprint.unco.edu
- Port: 443
- Enter your UNC username and password, then tap Log On
- You cannot print directly from the app, however you can upload files, view your account balance, view costs, preview print jobs and edit print settings
- UNC ID Card Registration
How to use your UNC ID for card swipe functionality
- Swipe your ID card on the side of the printer
- Upon swiping, you will be prompted to register your card
- Enter your PDID (last1234) then enter your password
- After you've registered your card, you will not be prompted for this information again when printing
- Releasing Print Jobs
How to release and print documents from your Bear Print queue
You can retrieve your print jobs and all of your queued print jobs at any printer station on campus. Your print jobs will remain in the Bear Print System queue for 48 hours until you swipe your Bear Card to retrieve them at any Bear Print station of your choice. You can print many formats from the web or by email as you’re working and pick them all up when you’re ready.