Associate Professor & Graduate Coordinator
College of Humanities & Social Sciences
MWF 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. & by appointment
University of Northern Colorado
Department of History
Campus Box 116
Greeley, CO 80639
- B.A., Humanities, New College of California
- M.A., Latin American Studies, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
- Ph.D., History, University of California-Davis
- 2013-present, Associate Professor of History, University of Northern Colorado
- 2008- 2013, Assistant Professor of History, University of Northern Colorado
- 2005-2008, University of California-Davis, Lecturer in Mexican and Latin American
- 2007, California State University-Stanislaus, Lecturer in Mexican History, Colonial
and Modern Latin America
Research/Areas of Interest
Bakers & Basques: A Social History of Bread in Mexico. Albuquerque: University of New Mexico Press, 2012.
“The Mexican Revolution on Trial: Assassination, Christianity, and the Rule of Law
in 1920s Mexico.” Hispanic American Historical Review 9:6 (May 2016).
“Pious Delinquents: Anticlericalism and Crime in Revolutionary Mexico.” The Americas (April 2016).
“Butchers Anywhere: Food, Hunger, and the Sudden Liberalization of Markets in Insurgent
Mexico.” Historia Iberoamericana (Santiago, Chile) Vol. 7, No. 1, Spring 2014.
Honors and Awards
Alfonso Caso Medal for the Most Distinguished Graduate in Latin American Studies,
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, 2001
Humanities and Social Science College Scholar Award, University of Northern Colorado,